16 May 2011

42

Have you ever pondered the meaning of life? Of course you have. We all do.
However, are you one of those that have grown weary of musing over the idea of whether or not your life means anything? Are you one of the ones ready for answers?

"Everyone, left to his own devices, forms an idea about what goes on in language which is very far from the truth." -Ferdinand de Saussure

Course in General Linguistics. Translated by Wade Baskin: Edited by Perry Meisel and Haun Saussy

I recommend to you this utterly amazing and fantastic book. If you believe at all that the way we speak to each other is what keeps us apart from other living organisms and this fascinates you, there is no reason on Earth you would not read this fantastic book.

10 comments:

  1. It is a little hard to read your font, but i enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've discovered the meaning of life, but I'm not allowed to share it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to avoid the meaning of life, it always makes me depressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice I'll add it to my reading list. I'm a bit old school so I'll see if I can find it on my local library.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SPOILERS: Beer. Beer is the meaning of life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i sometimes do this, i get into a little trance like mode and also think what if nothing existed, what would be in place if absolutely nothing existed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every beginning has it's own beginning that has it's own beginning. Think about it.

    ReplyDelete